Matt Cordle is stepping up and doing the right thing; he is just doing it too late.
June 24, 2013
September 3, 2013
According to MADD:
- 17 million people have admitted to driving drunk at least once.
- If all 17 million lived in one state, it would be the fifth largest in the U.S.
- An average drunk driver has driven drunk 80 times before first arrest.
- Over 1.2 million drivers were arrested in 2011 for driving under the influence of alcohol or narcotics.
- One in three people will be involved in an alcohol-related crash in their lifetime.
- In 2011, 9,878 people died in the U.S. as a result of drunk driving crashes – one every 53 minutes.
Could you or someone you love could be Matt Cordle. Don’t wait like he did – do something now.
Imagine how much better society and the justice system would be if those who committed crimes fulfilled their societal duty to admit them, apologize, and accept their just punishment. – Jack Marshall, Ethicist